Acworth Beach can be found within Cauble Park in Acworth, Georgia. Acworth is around 45 minutes from the city of Atlanta and makes a great day trip out for you and your family.
Things to Do
- Go swimming! Acworth Beach features a designated swimming area where you and your little one's can swim to your heart's content. Make sure to keep an eye on the littlest ones and the weakest swimmers as there are no lifeguards at this lakeside beach. There are facilities for changing as well as showers.
- Have a picnic. There are picnic tables around Cauble Park and plenty of space to just put down a blanket and eat. For bigger groups, consider dining in either the gazebo, a pavillion, or the beach house. These venues can all be reserved on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Let the kids play in one of the two playgrounds adjacent to the beach in Cauble Park.
- Go fishing off the dock. If you have a fishing license you can go fishing for bluegill, bullheads, carp, channel catfish, crappie, and redear sunfish.
- Feel like stretching your legs? Head along the walking paths.
Acworth Beach Insider Tips
- Make sure you and your family don't miss the free concerts in June and on July 4th.
- Animals are not allowed in the park so you'll have to leave your furry friends at home or with a friend during your visit to Acworth Beach.
- Bring along food and snacks to have throughout the day as there aren't often vendors around to buy food and you don't want hunger to ruin your day!