Battleship Cove is located on the beautiful Mt. Hope Bay, it displays the world's largest collection of Historic naval ships, including historic navy warships and a submarine that were used in the World War II. The historic landmark and museum offers a great insight into the history, and attracts visitors from all over the world.
The fleet on display includes, Battleship USS Massachusetts, Submarine USS Lion fish, Destroyer Joseph P. Kennedy, and several PT boats. Many recreational activities are held at the museum, such as, exhibits, camping, overnight and family camping, educational programs, and offers a venue for holding private events.
Things to Do
- Families must visit Battleship cove, the battleships are open to public for exploring, these battleships tell the stories of the brave soldiers and their fight for defending freedom.
- Battleship USS Massachusetts with its nine decks is open for public exploration, you can tour the battleship on your own, or on a guided tour.
- The Pearl harbor experience show runs only in May through September, it is an outdoor enactment of the battle, with 4D sound and special water effects.
- Several military exhibits are organized at the venue.
- Battleship cove offers nautical overnight camping tours for families and kids. It offers a great learning experience and an adventure. Kids will get to speak to the former crew members, explore every part of the fleet, and will also get to sleep in the sailor's bunk.
- Battleship Cove community boating offers affordable boating programs for the youth and adults.
- To enjoy a delicious meal, visit the Wardroom Grill.
Battleship Cove Insider Tips
- Wear sneakers or comfortable non-slip shoes.
- The stairs tend to be steep: face the stairs going up and coming down. Also, be careful not to bump your head on the edges of the hatches as you explore.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Refreshments are seasonally available from both the Galley in the Wardroom of the Battleship and on the dock.
- Free parking is available all-year long.