Brooklyn Bridge Park
Brooklyn Bridge Park is an 850-acre park that stretches alongside the East River in New York City. This huge park extends from Atlantic Avenue in the south past the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan Bridge to Jay Street in the north. It is divided into several sections which feature numerous playgrounds, facilities for every activity imaginable, beautiful bridges, piers, a beach, and historic sites like the Fulton Ferry Landing. If you're looking for a place where you can spend the entire day outdoors, this park is a must-visit attraction.
Things to Do
- Take young children to one of the park's many playgrounds - highlights include the nautical-themed Main Street Playground and the Waterlab at Pier 6, a popular splash park that's a great place to cool down in the summertime.
- Check out the beautiful sculptures and art installations located throughout the park, including Kolonihavehus, 2010, a colorful glass house that can be found on the Empire Fulton Ferry boardwalk.
- In the summertime, stop by the Pop-Up Pool to cool off in the refreshing water. It's generally open daily from the end of June until Labor Day.
- If you're interested in activities like basketball, volleyball, fishing, soccer, boating, bird watching, handball, bocce, biking, and roller skating, you can find all the information you need on how where to do them here.
Brooklyn Bridge Park Insider Tips
- If you prefer to use picnic tables instead of sitting on a blanket on the grass, here's a handy list of popular picnic areas in the park, including the Picnic Peninsula at Pier 5, which provides hibachi-style grills.
- There a several ways to reach the park using public transportation, including ferries, water taxis, buses, and various subway lines. You can find more information on how to get to the park here.
- You might want to make a note that restrooms are located at Pier 1, Pier 2, Pier 6, Squibb Park, and the Empire Fulton Ferry, since the park is very large.
Sign Up - Family Fun Newsletter
Have fun with great ideas on things to do for travel, daytrips, nearby, or at home...
Fun Things to Do at Home
Fun games for the whole family
Making science into family fun
Giving the little ones a laugh
Fun, creative activities
Exercise for the mind
Entertainment for the whole family
Great fun when you're stuck at home