Nestled on the banks of the James River in Williamsburg, Va., the fantastic family destination of Busch Gardens awaits you. Busch Gardens is a fun filled theme park which features world class roller coasters, engaging entertainment, kiddie rides, Sesame Street Characters, and exquisite landscaping and architecture.
Focused on nature and conservation as well as fun, you will also find a variety of animals and fine gardens on site. This destination has been voted "The Most Beautiful Park" for 23 consecutive years has something for everyone in the family to enjoy. The park is located an hour from Virginia Beach and near Colonial Williamsburg.
Things to Do
- Features more than 50 rides and attractions including top rated roller coasters
- Several live show offerings
- Sesame Street Forest of Fun: Visit the Sesame Street themed characters and playspace for little ones
- Land of the Dragons: a whimsical treehouse and play area, ferris wheel and kiddie rides
- Visit the five animal encounters in the park including: Jack Hannah's Wildlife Reserve, Wolf Valley, Highland Stables, Lorikeet Aviary, and Pet Shenanigans show.
- Many Dining options and shopping destinations throughout the park.
Busch Gardens Insider Tips
- There are water rides at the park, so come prepared with a towel or consider wearing easy dry clothes
- You will definitely save when purchasing passes. Several options are available depending on your needs
- When Dining, Busch Gardens designated Grogan's Grill as an allergy friendly restaurant. You can also get dietary exceptions at other dining places around the park.
- Appropriate attire must be worn in the park in keeping with the family friendly atmosphere.
- The park has special events, including a special one at Halloween. There are no costumes allowed to be worn in the park.
- Consider the meal plan wristband as you enter. You can get a wristband system set up, so you dont have to fumble with your wallet throughout the park. Your wristband will be scanned when you purchase and settled up on your credit card at the end of the day.