This farm has such a wonderful story to behold on its website. In addition to having a phenomenal ice cream shop, they plant over 300,000+ sunflowers over 14 acres and all proceeds from their bloom time event go directly to the Make a Wish Foundation. The experience is breathtaking and there is so much fun to experience at the farm.
The ice cream is a pretty special treat as well and offers many interesting flavors to tantalize your taste buds. They even have a crunchy sunflowers ice cream, which I have never seen anywhere before. Buttonwood Farm is everything that summer should be. I may be even more swayed by my unwavering love for sunflowers, but I think that this particular time at the Farm is very special indeed and it is all for a wonderful cause!
Things to Do
- Enjoy Farm Fresh Ice cream at the ice cream stand
- View the acres of sunflowers
- Buy Bouquets of sunflowers at the Gazebo
- Hay Rides and Cow Train Rides
- Explore the sunflower fields
- Take lots of Photos
- Have a bite to eat
- Feed the cows
Buttonwood Farm Insider Tips
- Hours may change as the season progresses so be sure to call before you visit
- Also call ahead for the hayride/cowride schedule as weather and field conditions would affect whether or not they will run on a particular day.
- The highlight of the year is visiting during the Sunflowers for Wishes season which is usually in late July. Keep an eye on the dates. It's spectacular!
- During Sunflowers for Wishes, make your first stop at the big white tent for your tokens and brochures on the events of the day
- Bouquets of sunflowers are sold at the gazebo on a firsts come first serve basis for $5 a bouquet. I would recommend buying your bouquet after you have enjoyed your hayrides and exploring.
- Bring Cash or Check for the rides and sunflowers
- The ice cream stand accepts cash, checks and Visa
- If you plan to explore the sunflower fields, they are vast, and I would recommend a stroller or baby carrier for little ones