Create your own Crazy Haired Egg Head and watch the grassy head of hair grown and grow, In this fun craft, children can hollow out an egg shell and grow grass inside the well decorated head of the eggshell. Add lots of fun accessories to create an egghead that is full of personality and style. Set the egghead full of hydrated grass seeds in a sunny location and keep the cotton moist inside. The head full of grassy hair will appear before you know it with a little bit of trust and patience.
- Cotton Balls
- Glue Gun
- Small square yogurt Cup
- Googly Eyes
- Glitter, tissue paper, other crafty accessories
- Acrylic Paint
- Permanent Markers
- Grass Seeds
How to Make It
- Remove the top portion of your eggs.
- Gently crack the top edge of the egg on the edge of a counter top or table.
- Once cracked, carefully break open the shell so that the very top is exposed. Then use scissors to trim the rim of the egg shell.
- Wash and dry the inside and outside egg and a yogurt cup.
- Use a paintbrush and acrylic paint to paint the eggshell and the yogurt cup and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Place the egg head in the body that you have created.
- Decorate. Use googly eyes, pipe cleaners, buttons, tissue paper, pens, glitter and any other decorations you like.
- Wet several cotton balls and place these inside the egg.
- Now sprinkle seeds on top of the cotton ball.
- Set the Eggshell in your decorated yogurt cup. It your egg is too small for the opening of the yogurt cup, simply stuff tissue or cotton into the base of the yogurt cup and set the eggshell on top of that. You can even hot