Located in the Woodlands suburb of Houston The Cynthia Mitchell Pavilion is one of the city's major venues for various events and concerts. The venue was recently ranked second out of the top 100 concert amphitheatre venues in the world based on ticket sales.
Things to Do
- This is the place to go if you love to rock. Recent shows by Bruce Sprinsteen and the E Street Band, Journey, the Steve Miller Band, Nine Ince Nails, Soundgarden, KISS, Def Leppard and Motley Crue have all sold out here giving it a reputation for loud, hard rocking live shows.
- The amphitheatre is also home to performing arts that will appeal to those with a slightly more refined taste. It regularly hosts performances by the Houston Symphony, the Houston Ballet and the Houston Grand Opera.
- The great thing about many of these arts performances apart from the excellent music is that the majority of them are free to attend. You can layout a sheet on the lawn and bring along a picnic to enjoy the performance with your family. Mezzanine seating is also made available free of charge.
- There is a Children's Festival which is held at the Pavilion every November. This Festival is intended to spark the imagination and creativity of young children while also encouraging an interest in performing and visual arts. Acivities during the Festival include music and dance, puppetry, theater, comedy, arts and crafts, games and more.
Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion Insider Tips
- Most of the parking at the venue is free however it is a small distance from the venue so give arrive early to secure a spot and get to the show on time.
- From all areas of the seating section and the lawn you can get a good view of the stage so don't worry that you willl miss the action by setting up shop on the grass. In fact on summer nights under the stars this is sometimes the best place to be.