Devou park is a beautiful 704-acre park in the city of Covington, Kentucky. The park has beautiful lush green landscape, and offers many recreational activities for the families. The park has walking and hiking trails, biking trails, golf course, many playgrounds, picnic shelters, a fishing lake and an amphitheater. The park is perched on a hilltop and offers great views of Cincinnati skyline and the Ohio river valley. The park also houses a Behringer-Crawford natural history museum, and a banquet hall for weddings.
Things to Do
- Families can have a fun day out in the park, the hiking trails are easy to stroll and have signs on them so it's difficult to get lost. The park can be used for running or walking, or just having some great views of the Cincinnati skyline.
- Have a picnic in the park, children can play in the playgrounds, take in gorgeous views from the Drees pavilion.
- Play golf at the golf course, and enjoy hiking and biking at the hiking trails.
- The park also has soccer and baseball fields, and a basketball court that can be accessed on first-come and first-serve basis.
- Water park and swimming pool are open to public seasonally, membership is required to use the swimming pool.
- Summer evenings are very entertaining at the park with many concerts in the amphitheater, showcasing jazz, country, blues and much more.
- The museum sheds light on many parts of the history, archeology, paleontology, arts and crafts, natural history, civil war and slavery.
Devou Park Insider Tips
- There is a bar and grille restaurant in the Devou park clubhouse.
- Bathrooms are available.