Discovery Times Square is an exhibition center in Times Square that features family-friendly exhibitions that are both educational and entertaining. It is operated by Discovery Communications, the company that owns The Discovery Channel, and specializes in the creation of fascinating traveling exhibitions that can be used in museums across the United States. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Times Square due to the popularity of the topics covered in its exhibitions, which have included the Titanic, Harry Potter, King Tut, and the Dead Sea Scrolls in the past. Stop by for an hour or two with your family - who knows what wonders you'll see!
Things to Do
- Visit the official website of Discovery Times Square to learn about the exciting exhibitions currently on display - recent exhibits include a look at Marvel's Avengers and the famous Body Worlds display that teaches visitors about the intricacies of the human body using donated bodies.
- Grab a snack from the cafe, which features designer cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake, a famous shop based in Washington, D.C., as well as thirst-quenching drinks.
- Explore the rest of Times Square, and don't forget to bring along a camera so you can pose with famous characters you may come across in the street!
Discovery Times Square Insider Tips
- Check for special deals and discounted tickets on websites like Groupon and Living Social in order to save some money on the price of admission.
- Save money and avoid the hassle of parking by taking public transportation to get there - Times Square is easily accessible by subway.
- Once you've concluded your visit to Discovery Times Square, consider a visit to other popular Times Square attractions, such as the Madame Tussauds wax museum or Ripley's Believe it or Not!, which is sure to amuse and amaze your child.