Houston's Downtown Aquarium is more than just glass tanks filled with sea creatures. There are a number of magnificent creatures to see including snakes, amphibians, and even a tiger!
As the name suggests, the aquarium can be found in the center of Houston and while this means the site is smaller than some suburban aquariums, the Downtown Aquarium more than makes up for this with entertaining rides and activities for families and children of all ages!
Things to Do
- See sharks like you've never seen them before! One of the aquarium's popular attractions takes guests right through the middle of a shark tank (all without getting wet) in a purpose-built train. The youngest of your little ones will need to be accompanied for this activity.
- Enjoy spectacular views over the top of Houston! The ferris wheel at the aquarium towers 100 feet over the city and is a quick and easy way to get some of the most wonderful views of Houston. All while doing something the kids will also enjoy!
- Have a bite to eat. The restaurant at the aquarium is ready to welcome hungry visitors with a selection of dishes for all tastes. They even serve seafood!
Downtown Aquarium Insider Tips
- In a big group or just watching the budget? From 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. Mondays to Fridays is happy hour in the restaurant and the best way to save money on dining at the aquarium.
- Go in the morning. The aquarium is usually quiet in the morning and early afternoon and if you go early enough you can enjoy shorter lines for the rides and attractions.
- If you are planning on getting the most out of the rides and attractions, then opt for the "All-Day Adventure Pass" for $18.99 which can save you up to 40% on paying for all the rides and attractions independently.