Duxbury Beach is a popular recreation area in Duxbury, Massachusetts, which is located just 35 miles from downtown Boston. It is a barrier beach that consists of 6 miles of beautiful sandy land that is as narrow as 50 yards across in some points, which allow it to provide visitors with spectacular seaside views. Visitors to the beach can enjoy all kinds of outdoor activities, including swimming, sunbathing, kayaking, boating, and bird watching.
Things to Do
- Head to the sandy beaches for fun summer activities like swimming, sunbathing, and beach volleyball.
- Try something new and go kayaking or canoeing as a family!
- Bring along a pair of binoculars in order to observe beautiful piping plovers, an endangered bird species which lives in the beach area, from a safe distance.
Duxbury Beach Insider Tips
- Grab a bite to eat at the Duxbury Beach Park lunch room and ice cream shack, which sells snacks like hot dogs and onion rings as well as ice cream and popsicles to help you cool down in the sunshine.
- Enjoy a family meal at Blakeman's, a popular restaurant near the beach which specializes in all kinds of delicious seafood meals each summer from mid-May through mid-September.
- Make sure to bring along shoes that are appropriate for walking on rocky surfaces, since some parts of the beach are quite rocky.
- Check online before visiting the beach since it is sometimes closed in order to protect the natural habitat of the piping plovers during their nesting season.