The Glen Helen Nature Preserve is a beautiful 1000 acre reserve located just east of Yellow Springs, Ohio. It is home to a lot of wildlife and nature and makes a great destination for those who love the outdoors. It is home to an Education Center and a Raptor Center which together teach thousands of visitors about the nature of Ohio and its environs along with the importance of conserving and protecting such wonderful natural areas.
Things to Do
- There is an extensive range of flora and fauna within the Glen Helen Nature Preserve. That includes 153 species of birds, 36 species of mammals, 20 species of reptile and 69 species of wildflowers.
- The staff at the Preserve are always looking for confirmed sightings of new animals and plants that they have not already accounted for. You can report sightings and see more information on the currently known animals and plant life at the Preserve on their website.
- The Preserve's Raptor Center is a sanctuary for various birds of prey. Their aim is to protect the local raptors and to rehabilitate back to full health any injured or abandoned raptors that they find. They also take education very seriously and offer a few different education programs through which the public can learn about and come to appreciate these birds.
Glen Helen Nature Preserve Insider Tips
- If you would like to buy a souvenir to remember your time at the Preserve or would simply like to aid their projects monetarily you should stop into their Nature Shop which sells all kinds of nature related merchandise.
- You can check out the Preserve's trail map here.