Holy Hill is a large hill in the town of Erin, Wisconsin which is the home of the Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians, a beautiful religious shrine that is visited by thousands of people each year. For several centuries it has been regarded as a holy site featuring various religious shrines, and in 1926 the current neo-Romanesque church was built, which was officially recognized as a basilica in 2006. If your family is interested in impressive architecture, religious sites, or enjoying spectacular views of the surrounding areas, you'll definitely want to visit Holy Hill.
Things to Do
- Climb the 178 stairs to the top of the Scenic Tower, which provides breathtaking views of the surrounding areas!
- Explore the basilica and admire its beautiful neo-Romanesque architecture while making sure to be respectful of those who are praying.
- Walk around the Holy Hill area and enjoy the landscape and views of the Wisconsin countryside.
Holy Hill Insider Tips
- If you want to climb the Scenic Tower, make sure to visit when it's open between May and October. In addition, you'll want to keep in mind that the tower is closed when there is inclement weather.
- When you get hungry stop by the Holy Hill Cafe for a meal or a snack, or save money by bringing along a picnic to eat at one of their picnic tables.
- Make sure to wear good walking shoes, since some of the trails can be quite steep.
- Visit the gift store to find souvenirs related to the basilica as well as religious goods and gifts.