The H.O.P.E Playground located in Preston, Ohio is a play area unlike any other. This large 60,000 square foot facility is any child's dream. It was designed for use by children of all ages and abilities throughout the surrounding area. By working with various charity groups and youth organizations the playground tries to provide a service to a children suffering from a wide variety of disabilities while all ages, religious, ethnic and racial backgrounds are welcome. This park was built and remains maintained by donations. It is free for all the public to use.
Things to Do
- The Imagination Area is the Playgrounds centerpiece filled with kid sized stores and buildings.
- The School Age area provides fun challenges for school-going children to overcome and master.
- Similarly there is a 2,500 square foot pre-school area designed with age appropriate rides for kids to enjoy.
- Swings for all abilities are provided while the sand area provides all kinds of fun too!
H.O.P.E Playground Insider Tips
- The H.O.P.E Playground is always looking for after school and weekend volunteers. They also gratefully accept donations to help them run their current and future projects. You may donate to them by placing money or a check into the donation machine which can be found near the restroom area in the park. Other ways of donating include paying for a bronze plaque with your name or message on it that will line the pavement of the Imagination Village. For more info this and donating by credit card check out the playground's site.
- Take a virtual tour of the H.O.P.E Playground before you visit!