Krause Springs is a privately owned swimming and camping area in the heart of Texas Hill Country. This 115-acre nature area is located just 30 miles west of Austin in Spicewood,Texas, and is known for its beautiful swimming sites. The property features 32 natural springs that visitors are welcome to explore which also feed their man-made pool and a natural pool that flows into nearby Lake Travis. If you're looking for a beautiful, affordable place to spend the weekend camping in the great outdoors, Krause Springs is a great place to visit.
Things to Do
- Explore the area - you're welcome to wander through the trees, view wildlife, and marvel at the beautiful natural springs found throughout the property.
- Cool off in the summertime by swimming in the man-made pool or the natural pool, both of which are spring-fed.
- Relax in the butterfly garden, which is popular due to its serene atmosphere that features the sounds of wind chimes.
Krause Springs Insider Tips
- Go camping! Krause Springs offers both primitive tent campsites and RV sites with water and electricity. Camping costs just $14 per adult (12+ years old), and $6 per child (4-11 years old) for one night.
- If you have children under 4, they get free admission for both swimming and camping.
- Make sure to keep an eye on your child while they're swimming, as there are no lifeguards on duty.
- Bring cash to pay for swimming and camping, since Krause Springs does not accept credit cards.
- Don't forget to bring along water shoes so that you don't slip and fall on the wet ground.