Liberty Science Center is an interactive science museum in Jersey City, New Jersey, which is located approximately 8 miles away from central Manhattan. In addition to featuring numerous hands-on exhibits that will fascinate and delight visitors of all ages, it also has a six-story high IMAX Dome Theater, which is the largest IMAX theater in the world. The whole family is sure to have a blast at Liberty Science Center exploring the live animal collections, enjoying the thrill of the tornado-force wind simulator, watching live simulcast surgeries, and taking part in fun science experiments.
Things to Do
- Visit Beyond Rubik's Cube, an entire exhibit dedicated to the classic puzzle game. Little ones can practice matching colors, while older kids can get some tips from experts on how to solve the puzzle.
- If your teen wants to be a doctor when they grow up, take them to the da Vinci Surgical Robot Exhibit, where they can practice their surgical skills using a robotic simulator.
- Watch a film in the largest IMAX theater in the United States! You can choose from a variety of educational films which often focus on science and nature topics.
Liberty Science Center Insider Tips
- Check out their Events calendar to learn about family-friendly events at the museum, including story time, insect interactions, science experiments, and more.
- Look at this handy museum guide for families - it provides lists of exhibits appropriate for various age groups and suggestions on how to make every child's visit fun and memorable.
- Don't miss the Touch Tunnel, the museum's most popular exhibit, which consists of an 80-foot tunnel where you have to rely on your senses in order to navigate in the dark.