Milwaukee Art museum is a beautiful facility located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the Art museum houses a collection of more than 35,000 artifacts, work of art and paintings. The collections include European and American paintings from the 15th century to 20th century. Museum holds a vast collection of American decorative arts, collections by Wisconsin artists and European painters. The museum hosts many exhibits, events and family fun activities.
Things to Do
- The museum features many exhibits that pique the interest of Art lovers of all ages, ongoing exhibit "of heaven and Earth" features paintings by the greatest Italian painters. Upcoming exhibits include "50 years of Ebony fashion fair", it will be featuring gowns and ensembles.
- Explore the vast collection of arts and crafts that consists of paintings, sculptures, photographs, and decorative arts from the European Art, American Art, Asian Art, folk and Haitian Art by many legendary artists.
- The Art museum offers many fun activities for the families, the Kohl's Art studio is open everyday where families can get together and create unique art pieces. Art packs activity can be used on several Art galleries in the museum.
- Enjoy Art through games, videos and scavenger hunts. There is a story time in the galleries every Saturday.
- Enjoy a contemporary cuisine experience at the Cafe Calatrava, visit the coffee shop for coffee and quick snacks.
- The museum store stocks unique objects, like handcrafted items, jewelry by renowned artists, and other museum souvenirs.
Milwaukee Art Museum Insider Tips
- Children 12 and under are admitted for free.
- Check the official website about the ongoing renovations at the museum.