Pease Park is a popular public park located in the heart of Austin, Texas. It is known for large playground and its splash pad, where children of all ages can escape the summer heat while playing in the water. The park also has volleyball and basketball courts, sports fields, and picnic areas with barbecue pits that are a great place to have a summer party. It is also often used as the site of local festivals and celebrations.
Things to Do
- Cool off in the summertime with a visit to the Pease Park splash pad, where your child can cool off while standing under giant spouts, running through fountains, and splashing in geysers.
- Take your child to the huge playground, which has slides, swings, things to climb, and spaces to explore.
- Bring along a volleyball, basketball, or soccer ball and play your favorite sport in the park.
Pease Park Insider Tips
- Take advantage of the park's great picnic facilities, which include shaded picnic tables and several barbecues.
- Make sure to bring sunscreen if you plan to visit the spray pad, since it isn't shaded.
- Check out popular annual events held at Pease Park like Eeyore's Birthday Party, a celebration that raises money for local non-profit organizations that includes live music and food.