Whether you're just learning how to skate or want to strap on your wheels and reminisce about the golden days of 70s skating, Playland is the place to roll. At 27,500 sq ft, it is the largest rink in Austin! With early morning practices and late night adult skate, Playland Skating Center opens up the rink for all ages. Even the little ones can enjoy their very own skating space with plenty of room to practice safely. Arcade games line the walls and a jungle gym for the kids who need a break from skating helps divide the space between skaters and gamers, and you can even reserve tables or party rooms for your large group.
Bring your own skates or rent a pair and get on the rink while the DJ is still spinning!
Things to Do
- Birthday Parties: Choose to book a table, a party room, or the whole facility for your next party; You must provide food and décor, but Playland will take care of the cleanup; Choose from small, medium, or large party packages and enjoy access to the rink, the arcade, and the jungle gym
- Skate Lessons: Whether you're a beginner, advanced, or want to try your hand at speed skating, Playland offers lessons for you; Group and Private lessons available; Every Sunday there are open, group lessons from 11am-Noon to help skaters of all ages get comfortable on their wheels
- Sk8 4 Fitness: Try out a fitness class on skates! Perfect for children and adults, this class will get you moving, grooving, and sweating to your favorite tunes; Must wear a helmet to participate
- Adult Night: Adults get the rink to themselves every Tuesday night from 7-1030pm to skate and jam out; Must be 18 or older to skate
Playland Skate Center Insider Tips
- Playland is often reserved for private parties, but they're very good at updating their calendar online. Before you head to the rink, check online to make sure it is open for public skating.
- Saturdays are always open skate days, but they can get crowded, especially during the peak afternoon hours. Instead, check out the rink on Tuesday afternoons when it's less crowded.