The Salem Witch Museum attempts to bring to life the hysteria and madness of the Salem Witch Trials of 1692 using a variety of different lighting techniques, life-size stage sets and more.
Things to Do
- Aside from the exhibit on the Salem Witch Trials themselves the museum has another exhibit which is entitled "Witches: Evolving Perceptions". This exhibit explores how the stereotype of what constitutes a witch has changed over time. So you hear the stories of various people fictional and real who have been seen as witches while also learning about witchcraft today and the practice of witch-hunting.
- If you want to exercise your knowledge of this fascinating occurrence in history then head onto the Museum's website where they have a lot of information on the subject.
- Best of all is their Salem Witchcraft Hysteria Sites Tour which marks out areas and locations in and around Salem where the various events of 1692 took place. You can plan your own tour of the whole area with this feature before you go!
Salem Witch Museum Insider Tips
- Plan your visit for October when you can enjoy the Salem Witch Museum as a part of Salem's Haunted Happenings Festival. During this event there is a whole set of events organized in the town plus plenty to taste, drink and opportunities for shopping. Full details can be found on the event's website.
- Check out the hours of the Salem Witch Museum during this festival as they regularly have late opening hours during this time.
- The Salem Witch Museum can be visited if you have a Boston Go Card along with fifty other attractions. You can read about the card here.