Themed playgrounds add more fun to a child's experience. It's a good way to encourage imaginative play. At Seaside Nature Wildlife Park, kids can pretend to be a sailor with the nautical theme complete with a lighthouse and play structures that resemble the Staten Island Ferry. The design complements the waterfront location of the playground. It's small in size compared to other playgrounds in the city but the brilliant design makes up for the small space.
Things to Do
- Bring pirate costumes and take the kids to the shipwreck climb structure in the middle of the playground. Another ship resembles the Staten Island Ferry. The ships are equipped with climbing nets and a slide.
- Go to the shark-inspired jungle gym. The open-jawed shark will surely tickle the kids' imaginations.
- There's also a play lighthouse and kids can pretend to spot ships out on the coast.
- Take the kids to the sand play area and ride the swing. Indulge in some water play too with the sprinklers.
- Aside from the playground, you can also take the kids to explore the waterfront area. Walk on the paths filled with salt marsh plants that will lead you to the waterfront. There are benches you can sit on while you enjoy the view of the water.
Seaside Nature Wildlife Park Playground Insider Tips
- Continue with the day's theme and head to a seafood restaurant for lunch.