The Sony Wonder Technology Lab is an interactive technology museum in New York City. It is located within the Sony Tower, a 37-story skyscraper in Manhattan that used to be the headquarters of Sony Corporation of America. This museum features four stories of fascinating technology-themed exhibits for visitors of all ages. During your visit, you can learn about how the internet works, explore the uses of nanotechnology, program a robot, created an animated character, and much more!
Things to Do
- Visit the How Devices Work exhibit to learn about the inner workings of your favorite technological devices, including a video game console, a cellphone, and a digital camera!
- Don't miss the exhibit on nanotechnology - both children and adults will be fascinated to learn about how this modern technology is being used by the fashion, transportation, and health industries.
- If your kid wants to be a surgeon one day, let them practice their skills in the Vital Surgery exhibit, where they can feel what it's like to perform open heart surgery on a virtual patient!
- Program a robot in the Robot Zone and watch as it interacts with other robots according to your instructions!
Sony Wonder Technology Lab Insider Tips
- Admission is free! However, the museum is very popular, so if you want to guarantee that you can visit on a certain day, make sure to book tickets at least one week in advance. Learn more about reservations on their Admission page.
- Check out their Events & Workshops page to explore the list of fun-filled family workshops that you can participate in - they include informative demonstrations and hands-on activities like making puppets or learning to use a computer.
- Attend a film screening - the museum shows children's films and former Hollywood blockbusters most Saturdays.