The Southwest Rink at Skyline Park is a seasonal ice rink located in downtown Denver's popular Skyline Park. Each year between late November and mid-February, the Southwest Rink opens daily so that visitors young and old can enjoy the fun of ice skating.
Whether you're looking for a fun way to exercise this winter or just want the kids to get some fresh air, a visit to the Southwest Rink at Skyline Park is a sure-fire way to have a blast together. Best of all, this family-friendly ice rink is free, meaning you don't have to worry about the cost!
Things to Do
- Take the whole family to Skyline Park and spend a few hours twirling, spinning, and gliding across the ice together. If you visit on a weekday, you're more likely to avoid the crowds.
- If you or your kids don't know how to skate, you can learn for free at the Southwest Rink! Free skating lessons are provided on Wednesdays between 11:00 a.m. and noon, and from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Saturdays.
- Explore the rest of Skyline Park! It's used for special events throughout the year, including concerts, movies, food markets, miniature golf, games, and more.
Southwest Rink at Skyline Park Insider Tips
- Save some money by visiting the Southwest Rink on Sundays, when kids 12 and under skate for free. If you have your own skates, you can also bring them along any day to save the $2 on rental fees!
- There are plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby if you want to buy food, or you can bring your own snacks along and sit at one of the park's tables to eat near the rink.
- Make sure to bring along a pair of thick, warm socks to wear while you're ice skating. It's also a good idea to bring gloves or mittens so your hands don't get cold from the icy Denver air.