The newly renovated Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk Connecticut gears its focus to the aquatic life whose habitat is the Long Island Sound. This vibrant aquarium and learning environment encourages and inspires visitors to protect and appreciate the wildlife and resources in this body of water.
Things to Do
- View Seal tank and see live feedings underway'
- Experience the Sand shark and sting ray touch tank exhibit.
- Jiggle a Jelly touchtank where you cab view and even have a hands on experience with jellyfish that rea actually raised at the aquarium so you can view them at all their stages of life,
- Pop you head up among the meerkats in the fun and always exciting meerkat exhibit.
- View the aquariums filled with thousands of aquatic animals.
- You're certain to find yourself gaping in the spacious shark tank exhibit.
- Enjoy an educational event in Connecticut's largest IMAX theater.
Maritime Aquarium Insider Tips
- The Maritime Aquarium is fully handicapped and stroller accessible. Ramos, elevators and wide pathways and bridges make for easy maneuvering.
- The Jiggle Jelly touch tank is only open on weekends and holidays.
- There is an indoor playspace for children ages 5 and under.
- When visiting the cafe for a bite to eat, take note that food and drink must be consumed in that area and cannot be brought with you through the aquarium.
- All of the exhibits at this venue are indoors, so it is a great destination for rainy days, hot and humid weather or the most frigid days of New England.
- When you arrive at the aquarium, check at the front desk for a list of the seal feeding schedule for the seals. It's very entertaining to watch.