Washington Park is a public park in Denver, Colorado that is known for its historic buildings, lakes, and beautiful flower gardens. Known to locals as "Wash Park", it also features two playgrounds, a recreation center, a jogging path, soccer fields, a basketball court, and 10 tennis courts that families can use while they enjoy the lovely Denver weather. If you love to spend time outdoors, you'll definitely want to stop by one of the city's most popular parks.
Things to Do
- Explore the park's beautiful flower gardens! One of the gardens is an exact replica of Martha Washington's garden at Mount Vernon, the plantation that belonged to President George Washington.
- Take your little one to the playground! There are two playgrounds to choose from, one of which is handicap accessible.
- Escape the summer heat with a visit to the recreation center, which has an indoor pool and all kinds of exercise equipment. Fitness classes are also offered for both children and adults.
Washington Park Insider Tips
- Bring along some food and drinks and enjoy a relaxing family picnic by one of the park's gorgeous lakes.
- Don't forget your camera - you'll want to take photos of the flower gardens, sculptures, and wildlife around the lakes.
- If your family likes to do sports together, take advantage of the park's many sports facilities, including basketball and tennis courts, soccer fields, a lawn bowling green, and an area for rollerblading.