Wild Waves Theme Park is a large amusement park in Federal Way, Washington, just 30 minutes south of Seattle by car. If your family loves theme parks then this is a must-visit attraction, as it is one of the largest amusement parks in the region.
Wild Waves Theme Park features over 70 acres' worth of attractions including thrill rides, water slides, entertainment shows, roller coasters, and a wave pool. There are rides and games for visitors of all ages, making it the perfect family destination.
Things to Do
- Visit Kiddie Land with young children - features include a Ferris wheel, the bouncy Frog Hopper and Kang-A-Bounce rides, spinning rides, and boats and roller coasters designed especially for the park's smallest visitors.
- On a hot summer day, visit the Slide Alley and Pirates Cove areas which contain all of the park's water attractions. In addition to slides of all shapes and sizes, the entire family can also enjoy the Konga Lazy River or the more exciting Raging River Ride together.
- Ride the thrill rides with your teenager - top attractions include the Ring of Fire inverted roller coaster and Timberhawk Ride of Prey, the largest wooden roller coaster in Washington. It reaches a maximum speed of 60 mph!
Wild Waves Theme Park Insider Tips
- If you have small children that like to splash around in the water, take them to the Wave Pool. Little ones can splash in the shallow end, while older kids can venture deeper into the pool to ride the 2-foot high waves.
- It can be expensive to spend a day at the amusement park, especially if you buy your meals. While you can't bring your own food into the park you can get reentry stamps, so feel free to pack a cooler full of food to eat at your car once you've worked up an appetite.
- Check the official website's Deals page - the theme park occasionally offers special packages if you also book a room at an area hotel, and provides discounted tickets for large groups.