The next time you have an extra lemon, consider using it for one of these great beauty tricks. Better yet...just go out and buy yourself a lemon to take advantage of one of its many benefits!
- Whiten your nails with lemon. Simply soak your fingers in lemon juice for five minutes to remove any yellowish stain that may be lingering on the nail.
- Add beautiful highlights to your hair by mixing the juice of a lemon with your hair conditioner, then apply it before heading out in the sun to achieve naturally lightened tresses.
- Freshen your breath by gargling with lemon juice and water or simply suck on a wedge of lemon for a refreshing mouth.
- If you have orange streaks from applying self-tanner, just cut a lemon in half and rub over the area. It will lighten and even out the blotchy areas.
- Soften your rough dry skin by mixing lemon zest, sugar, and olive oil — then let stand for 30 minutes. Use as a homemade exfoliating scrub on knees, ankles, elbows, and anywhere else that could use some softening.