The newly renovated Dallas zoo really is worth the trip. Go to the new area of the zoo and you can literally feed the giraffes.
Things to Do
Eat lunch in the Serengeti Grill and watch the lions walk right up to the glass by your table.
Guests may purchase special items from the Zoo to feed the giraffes, lorikeets and the birds at Travis & Zach’s Birds Landing all of which are pretty cool experiences.
Animal Highlights include:
- Flamingo Pond with a variety of striking waterfowl
- Endangered Tiger Habitat
- Otter Outpost
- Koala Walkabout - Meet Kobi and Tekin, the only koalas in Texas
- Australian Outback featuring kangaroos, wallabies, emus, and kookaburras
- Lorikeet Landing featuring bird feeding
- Safari Express Train
- Children's Zoo - wading stream where kids can wade in the water; Pony rides, Underzone - where underground animals live; Bird feedings
- Primate Place - Tamarin Treetops, featuring golden-lion and cotton top tamarins. Also home to spider, titi, saki, mona, swamp, and colobus monkeys as well as white-checked gibbons
- Wings of Wonder - Home to eagles, owls, condors, vultures, and other impressive birds and Galápagos tortoises
- Gorilla Trail
- Crocodile Isle
Dallas Zoo Insider Tips
- Feeding the animals is a great experience. Get right up close to giraffes and birds for fun photo ops!
- Strollers and wheelchairs are available for rent at the Zoofari Market.
- Maps - Want to map out your Dallas Zoo safari? With over 100 acres to explore, these color map downloads will help you become the best Dallas Zoo safari scout ever! Download full color versions of the ZooNorth Map and Wilds of Africa Map.