Great Uses for Coffee Filters
Coffee filters. Who knew! Here are some innovative ways to use them all over the house. And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar Tree for almost nothing.
Coffee Filters: Not just for making coffee....
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave.
Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are
lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China . Separate your good dishes by putting
a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork
when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter
in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through
a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a
coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers
for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line
a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from
going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two
holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax
eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters.
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French
fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. Soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great "razor nick" fixers
You can use coffee filters for cleaning
your eye-glasses. Just spray with
water-alcohol mixture and wipe with
a coffee filter.-psummers
They are very absorbent also and are great if you're out of paper towels to wipe up spills.
They are also the best paper to start with for making snowflakes. Fold in half, then in thirds. Make your cuts and open. The paper is the right weight and texture to make great snowflakes, and it's so much easier than starting with a sheet of square paper.
Excellent ideas and what a money saver ! There are also many cute crafts kids can make using coffee filters. Thanks for the great ideas !
Who'd a thunk it? GREAT tips!
My family have given up paper plates but NOT coffee so we use the filters as snack holders (apples, chips, crackers and cheese) perfect size.
Wow - very cool ideas for coffee filters! I never new coffee filters could be used for all of this! Great Tip!