Lodi Lake: A Fun, Free Place for the Entire Family...
On the northern end of Lodi, California there's a lake created thanks to the nearby Mokelumne River. Residents call it "the city's jewel," but parents of every age child see Lodi Lake as an oasis of fun for the entire family. Here are just a few of things you can do, and it's free if you park along the street outside the park.
Here are just a few of my favorite things:
* Secure your baby in an all-terrain stroller and hike through the lake’s wilderness area, a shady spot even when it's 100 degrees outside.
* You can take a steak and Fido there, and enjoy the dog run and picnic areas at the same time.
* Take the under-twelve crowd fishing on the banks of the lake (just make sure you have a fishing license).
* Slide, swing or climb on one of several pieces of playground equipment.
* When the weather gets warmer, take everyone from the tots and the teens to the swimming area, complete with real lifeguards.
* Enjoy the fine-feathered friends also known as ducks and geese - but don't feed them! There are strict rules against feeding them.