Making Money at Home - Ideas for Moms
Lots of my friends that are stay-at-home moms are looking for legitimate ways for making money at home. Alot of them don't want to become millionaires (although they wouldn't complain if they did!), they just want to make enough to pay for the groceries or to have a little extra for fun family activities.
I was one of those moms....not looking for any get-rich quick scheme, but rather a way to make some money to help with the smaller bills and hopefully have enough to save a little for a rainy day.
After searching all the making money ideas out there, and getting taken advantage of at least a time (or two!), I found some ways that are legitimate. Keep in mind, that making money at home legitimately often takes time, and actual work but there are ways to supplement your income. In fact, there are people (not me, yet!) who are making money at home and are doing so well at it that they can pay all of their family bills.
Anyway, here are some ideas. Hope they help you:
1. Content Writing for Cash: This is extremely popular right now. You can write here at Family Zip and at many other sites as well. Some of the most popular are eHow, Bukisa, Squidoo, HubPages, Associated Content, and Xomba. There are definitely others out there as well. Keep in mind that some of these places allow you to earn money based on your artcles performance, and others will pay you upfront for your article. In my experience I have been able to do better by writing and waiting for money to come in, but it's up to you. Check them out and consider joining a few different ones to expand your online money making potential.
2. Surveys: I have never found surveys to be worth my time, but I can say that some people have. You certainly won't make a living off completing surveys, but you can get a few extra bucks here and there. Make sure you don't sign up with anyone who wants money up-front.
3. Blogging for Cash: There are blogs, like Today, that will pay you $1.00 a post and you can also make money from affiliate programs and total view. You can also start your own blog where you will hopefully eventually earn money from adsense, affiliate links, and advertisers. This will take some time and work, but if you like writing you can make some decent money by blogging.
4. Create a Content-Based Website: I recently started a content-based website using Site-Build-It. They do cost some money, but in my opinion, they are well worth it. I didn't know anything about building a website and I certainly don't know HTML or any other code, but I'm just starting and I'm already starting to see some traffic roll in and am making a few dollars from my site. There are people who have used this service to make extremely successful sites and are making thousands of dollars a month or more - but know that it does take time and dedication to be successful at this. It you love sharing your knowledge, this may be a great option for you. You can see my site, Green Living Made Easy, but keep in mind that I've been working on it for less than a month, so I have a long way to go!
5. Virtual Call Centers: I used to answer calls for a company called ACDD and I loved it. I was paid per minute for the time I was on the phone and could log-in to work when my kids were asleep or when my husband was home to watch them. I did very well during busy times and it was low-stress and actually lots of fun. There are a number of other call centers that will allow you to work from home. I can't do it anymore because I live in Hawaii and no one accepts contractors from out here in the middle of the ocean, but it's worth looking into. Start at WAHM.com to see a list and get ideas from other mom's who are using these call centers for making money at home.
This certainly isn't an exhaustive list and you may have many making money online ideas of you own. Just make sure that you read the fine print on anything you are interested in and stick to it for awhile and chances are that you can start to see a nice little extra income flowing in.