A trip to York Beach’s Short Sands beach is a perfect day trip from the Boston area. Short Sands is a cute little beach with all the ingredients for summer fun for young ones:
- Tidal pools
- Playground with beach views
- Saltwater taffy machines to watch @ The Golden Rod
- Candy stores galore [at least 3!]
- A bandstand with night time concerts
- An old fashioned arcade with skeeball [Fun O Rama]
- Lots of places to eat greasy food and ice cream
- A crazy zoo with lots of carnival rides - including old fashioned bumper cars and a ferris wheel that lights up at night [York Wild Animal Kingdom / Coupons for York's here / Discounts via Fun Pass too!]
- A lighthouse to visit - Nubble Light
- Ice cream stand with amazing water views [Brown’s ]
There is a metered parking lot right next to the beach and bathrooms. If you want to stay overnight, try out the Union Bluff Hotel, an Old fashioned beach hotel.
Looking for more beach tips? See these Tipspoke tips on a fantastic beach kite, a great kids beach tent and beach cart!