I found these great tips for fun family road trips in the Parent & Child magazine and I thought I would share them:
- Encourage kids to you do a web search for places to stop along the way.
- Toss a couple balls or frisbees in the trunk to get rid off some energy when making a stop.
- Laminate a map. Younger kids will love following the route on the map.
- Pack masking tape so that kids can make no-mess designs on the seat in front of them.
- Use the time to talk to one another instead of using the electronic entertainment. Some fun activities that the whole family might enjoy are telling stories, or a game of I Spy.