At over 1000 feet above ground level 360 Chicago offers stunning views of downtown Chicago and much more if you are lucky enough to catch it on a clear day. This viewing deck is 94 floors up the John Hancock Tower, the city's fourth tallest building.
Things to Do
- As a rival to Skydeck Chicago's Ledge, 360 Chicago offers Tilt. Basically these are windows that just out from the viewing deck and allow visitors to lean over and look down on Chicago's streets, including the Magnificent Mile which it sits directly above. Here's a video that gives you a taste of what to expect.
- The viewing point offers programs for school trips as well as opportunities for kids who are visiting with their parents to learn too. You can download activities for kids from Kindergarten to High School before you arrive.
- Up in the viewing deck are interactive touch screens which allow you to explore the city's views in high definition panoramically in both night and day time modes. These screens also have information on Chicago's history, architecture and culture. There is also a multi-media audio tour available.
360 Chicago Insider Tips
- From Memorial Day through to Labor Day Chicago hosts a stunning fireworks display. 360 Chicago makes an excellent spot to catch this display in full and get some great pictures.
- If you are in the middle of a long day's sightseeing then stopping at the 360 Chicago Café could be a good way to re-charge. It will probably be the most spectacular view you've ever experienced over a cup of coffee!
- Children under 3 years of age get in for free. 360 Chicago is also a part of the Go Chicago and Citypass cards.
- If you visit 360 Chicago you get $5.00 off parking at the John Hancock Tower.