5 Quick Travel Tips for Families
Travel with kids has been widely written about. We have 5 tried and true tips to add to your bag of tricks. Each and every family will have their own threshold for traveling with their family, but these tips will help anyone needing some addition tips and support.
1. If you're stressed - your family will be too. This is huge. Take a deep breath before you set off on your travel adventure and consider your attitude. Are you ready to go? Do you have everything you need? Are you resilient for anything that can happen while traveling? Will you unravel if there are travel delays, lost luggage, cancelled reservations or just the normal missteps?
If your head is in the game, your kids will follow suit, or at least they will learn from a pro, and that's you. Take it as a big teachable moment. Your behavior and attitude are on stage, make it a great performance!
2. Be prepared. Try and pack the following small items. They could be a real lifesaver.
3. Organize your trip around schedules. If you can organize any travel accordingly to naps, or overnight flights so kids can sleep on the plane may be a saving grace. Try and keep kids on a normal routine if at all possible.
4. Goodbye Cell phone. Don't use your cell phone while driving. Cell phone use while driving is so dangerous! Be mindful of safely and always pull over to use your cell phone in a safe location. These days it seems as though families need to be extra focused on driving while other cars around us swerve while using their cell phones to avoid us. This also teaches your children to be vigilant while driving. They will be driving soon enough. Teach them good habits out of the gate.
4. Before you Fly. Travel by plane is one of the harder modes of travel to orchestrate. This takes some practice, but if you offer up good experiences early on, this can be a wonderful way to see all your favorite places.