The Abraham Lincoln Regional Park makes 191 acres of public space available to the people of Tucson. It is home to a great number of facilities such as a swimming pool, a walking trail, a recreation center and a softball complex. If you are an active person there will be plenty here to keep you occupied. Plus you can let the children play on the park's swings or simply bring a picnic to enjoy in the Tucson sun!
Things to Do
- While at the park you should visit the Atturbury Wash. This wonderful natural area has avoided development unlike so many other washes that could once be found in the greater Tucson area. This makes the Atturbury Wash an excellent place to view much of the area's natural vegetation as it would appear without any human interference. Considering their natural habitats are so well maintained it also makes an ideal place to see a range of animals and birds.
- Within the Park's confines a great amount of activities are possible. Bring along your running shoes and head out for a jog. Go to the sand volleyball courts for a game with your friends or to partake in one of the pick-up games that are always starting. If volleyball isn't your game then you can go to one of the baseball or soccer fields. And on a hot summer's day the public pool makes an ideal destination.
- There are ramadas available for rent along with the larger Children's Outdoor Performance Area too. There are also picnic tables and BBQ grills dotted around the park.
Abraham Lincoln Regional Park Insider Tips
- If you are a golfer make sure you head to the Fred Enke Golf Course located in the park to practice your swing.
- This park is dog friendly so bring along your hairy best friend for a walk!
- Ample free parking is provided at the Park.