Adventure Harbor Tours run a number of tours out from Charleston Harbor. Their principal tour runs to Morris Island. This island has seen a great deal of history from the Revolutionary War to the Civil War and the time of the pirates. Other tours and programs are organized for school groups and those just looking for an enjoyable, relaxing cruise. Each tour involves insights into Charleston's long history and local culture from the guide.
Things to Do
- The principal tour is entitled the "Stormin' the Beach at Morris Island" Tour. If you choose to embark on this trip you will get to enjoy a beautiful boat ride out to Morris Island.
- Along the way Castle Pinckney and Fort Sumter, kids will be taught knot tying skills and one of the staff will tell you a bit about the history and culture of the local area. Once you arrive at Morris Island you can enjoy this scenic and largely deserted island.
- If you enjoy beach combing this could be really enjoyable for you and kids are sure to find shark teeth and shells strewn along the beach. On your way back keep your eyes peeled for dolphins!
- The Sunset Dolphin Cruise is a good choice for those looking for something a little bit more tranquil. On this 90 minute tour will take in a good number of important historical and scenic natural sites. Plus you should get lucky and see some Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphins! You can bring on board whatever food or beverages you like, including alcohol.
Adventure Harbor Tours Insider Tips
- Parking at the marina where Adventure Harbor Tours is located is free.
- Make sure you take advantage of the $3.00 off coupon available on their site.
- If you are able to take a tour when things aren't so busy like during the weekdays outside of the summer months it can be a good idea as you can get the boat, and Morris Island, all to yourselves. Whether the boat reaches its full capacity of 80 people or only welcomes aboard one these tours go ahead.