The Akron Art Museum is a fascinating cultural institution that has been open to the public in Akron, Ohio since 1922. It showcases a wide selection of artwork, including sculptures, prints, photography, and paintings. Whether you prefer landscapes or pop art, Impressionism or abstract art, you're sure to find a piece or two that fascinates you. The museum also frequently offers family programs that are designed to introduce children and adults to art and encourage them to create their own masterpieces.
Things to Do
- View the museum's current exhibitions - you can learn more about what's currently on display here.
- Take your child to one of the museum's wonderful art classes for children, including Kids Studio Class and Art Babes, which is designed to introduce little ones to light, color, and texture through sensory activities.
- Learn all about the artwork on display and the artists who created it by taking one of their informative tours.
Akron Art Museum Insider Tips
- Save money by visiting the museum on Thursdays, when admission is free! In addition, admission is always free for children 17 and under.
- Check out their calendar in order to learn about upcoming events such as artist talks, children's classes, book club meetings, and storytelling events.
- Stop by the museum shop before you head home to purchase souvenirs such as clothing, toys, jewelry, books, and artwork.