The Akron Fossils & Science Center is a museum located in Copley, Ohio, which is just a short distance outside of Akron. Its attractions include a dinosaur-themed outdoor adventure park called Truassic Park and a museum filled with exhibits that showcase fossils from all over the world. If you are interested in learning about the history of life from a perspective focused on creationism and intelligent design instead of the traditional evolutionary perspective, then you might be interested in stopping by for a visit.
Things to Do
- Enjoy the thrill of the 200-foot long zip line or driving around a dinosaur-themed racetrack with a visit to Truassic Park.
- Play a round of miniature golf on their 9-hole course and meet live animal ambassadors.
- Explore Sanderson Lecture Hall, which features dozens of real and replica fossils, including dinosaur bones that visitors can hold.
Akron Fossils & Science Center Insider Tips
- Keep in mind that the museum's exhibits are quite critical of the theory of evolution and other generally accepted scientific ideas, so it may not be a good fit for your family depending on your beliefs.
- The only way to visit the museum is by going on a guided tour, which includes hands-on experiences that involve holding real dinosaur bones. You can learn more about tours here.
- View their calendar to learn about special events such as Super Science Saturdays, a monthly event that includes interactive science demonstrations.