When the weather's warm, you should make sure to head along to Alabama Splash Adventure where you and your little ones can have a great time playing and splashing about! The water park was originally opened in 1998 as VisionLand before changing its name to Alabama Adventure in 2006 and then to Splash Adventure in 2012. The park finally settled on the name Alabama Splash Adventure.
Throughout the years and name changes, the park was expanded and, while technically a water park, currently features several theme park attractions such as roller coasters. Alabama Splash Adventure can be found about 20 minutes to the southwest of downtown Birmingham just of the I-20.
Things to Do
- Spray and play in Castaway Island, a playground that features water pumps and geysers. Children under 42" will need to be accompanied to play in this area.
- Enjoy the ocean waves without the ocean in the Cahuna Waves attraction!
- The bigger kids can head down the dark and twisted Neptune's Plunge flume.
- The youngest members of your group can enjoy Salamander Bay. This area is specially designed for those under 48" and provides the little ones with plenty of entertainment.
- See if you can brave Rampage, the park's popular wooden roller coaster that plummets at speeds up to 56 miles per hour!
- Feel like slowing things down? Why not enjoy a relaxing ride on the Rio Grande Train?
Alabama Splash Adventure Insider Tips
- If you're looking to avoid the crowds at Alabama Splash Adventure, you should head along on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, as these are the quietest days of the week.
- Outside food and drink are not allowed in the park so consider taking a picnic to enjoy before or after visiting the park in the picnic area outside if you're looking to save money.