ASHOF is a must-visit place for sports enthusiasts in Alabama. The museum pays tribute to athletes and sports professionals who were born in this state or who came to Alabama and made a significant impact to the sports industry. While there is a huge area for football, other sports such as archery, gymnastics, and tennis are also represented. You'll find more than 5000 artifacts, collected from different sports, displayed in a three-floor exhibit.
Things to Do
- Drop by for a visit with the family. Upon arriving, a museum employee will engage you with an introduction of the current inductees followed by a tour of the first floor. Displays on the first floor are all from the current year's inductees. After knowing about the recent inductees, head on to the third floor to start with the earliest Hall of Famers and work your way down. Sports fans will surely spend a few hours inside the museum.
- Visit the gift shop and purchase ASHOF merchandises such as shirts, jackets, and caps. They have sizes fit for both kids and adults.
- Grab some snacks and drinks before you end your tour.
Alabama Sports Hall of Fame Insider Tips
- ASHOF is located near the Civic Center. This is a good place for a walk so after your tour, you can also go on a walking tour of the downtown area.
- Group discounts for 10 and more persons are available.