Aldridge Gardens is a nature attraction located in Hoover, Alabama, which is approximately 10 miles south of Birmingham. This beautiful 30-acre woodland garden is home to dozens of fascinating plant species, a lake, and a walking trail you can use to explore the entire site. It is especially known for its impressive collections of hydrangeas and camellias. It's a great place to spend the day surrounded by nature and enjoy the great outdoors.
Things to Do
- Go on a tour of the gardens! You can choose between a self-guided tour and a guided tour with a group.
- Take your child for a walk along the Fairy Trail, a secluded lake path where you can search for fairies.
- Check out the thriving wildlife that lives in the Frog Pond!
- Stop to admire all of the beautiful art displayed throughout the gardens, including sculptures and outdoor exhibits.
Aldridge Gardens Insider Tips
- Bring along some food and have a family picnic in the sunshine in their picnic area.
- Don't forget to bring along a pair of binoculars - the gardens are home to over 80 different bird species that you can view from their bird watching platform.
- Learn more about nature by taking part in children's education program events at the gardens.
- If you live in the area, consider sending your child to summer camp at the gardens! Themes include art, science, scavenger hunts, and American Girls.