Take some time off during the weekend and ride a bike along the banks of Alum Creek. The Alum Creek Greenway Trail is divided into three major sections: more than 5 miles in the north and south sections, and an ongoing trail construction in the central section that will connect both north and south areas. The trail passes through several parks, communities, and commercial areas. Locals recommend this trail because it's flat and well-maintained.
Things to Do
- Don't worry about taking the little ones with you on a biking trip! The trail is generally flat and makes for a good family workout. The trail goes through parks every couple of miles so if the kids get tired, you can stop by at Cooper, Castro, Strawberry Farms parks on the north section or at Nelson, Wolfe, and Academy Parks on the southern side.
- Enjoy the scenery. The trail stays close to Alum Creek, expect to be surrounded by beautiful landscapes. There are bridges, fishing ponds, and plenty of places to stop by and explore.
- Spot deers, muskrats, beavers, and other forms of wildlife as you go through the trail.
- Make a pitstop at any of the restaurants in the neighborhood. Give the kids a sweet treat and stop by the ice cream place near Parkridge Park.
Alum Creek Greenway Trail Insider Tips
- Bring water and keep hydrated.
- Visit the parks and gardens along the trail.