Amazement Square is a popular children's museum in Lynchburg, Virginia which contains 9 galleries filled with hands-on activities for children. Its exhibits teach children about science, engineering, Native American culture, traditional farm tasks, and healthy living in a fun, engaging way. In addition, the museum provides weekly educational programs for babies, toddlers, and older children that focus on fun topics like astronomy and superheroes.
Things to Do
- Sail the seas in the giant pirate ship located in Shipwreck Cove!, a special exhibit for children 3 and under.
- Explore The Art of Acting, an exhibit which introduces children to acting by encouraging them to try on costumes, act out scenes, and set the lighting on a stage.
- Learn about science in Voltageville, where you can build your own circuits.
- Climb the Amazement Tower, one of the tallest climbing structures in the country, which connects all four floors of the museum using slides, tunnels, ladders, and a zip line!
Amazement Square Insider Tips
- Take your little one to Toddler Tales, a weekly program that focuses on pre-reading skills and teaches the basics of American Sign Language.
- Attend Saturdays at the Square, a weekly event where children can learn about the stars, design things with LEGO, and do science experiments.
- Visit the museum on the second Saturday of the month between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. for Family Fun Night, when admission is just $3.