Amelia Earhart Park is a public park located in Miami-Dade County just north of the city of Hialeah, Florida. Less than 30 minutes away from downtown Miami by car, it is a great place to spend a day out in the fresh air with your family.
Amelia Earhart Park consists of over 500 acres of land with five beautiful lakes that you can enjoy while taking part in outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, and wakeboarding. One of its most popular features is the Bill Graham Farm Village, which teaches visitors young and old about traditional farm activities.
Things to Do
- Take your children to the Bill Graham Farm Village, where you can watch and learn about traditional farm activities such as sheep shearing, cow milking, horseshoeing, and livestock judging. Kids can also interact with animals in the petting zoo.
- If you have older children, go for a family mountain biking expedition. The park has 8 miles of trails for riders of all levels. If you don't own a mountain bike, you can rent one from nearby Genesis Mountain Bike Rentals for a few hours on the weekends.
- Check out the 18-hole disc golf course. It's an especially popular activity for teenagers and adults.
Amelia Earhart Park Insider Tips
- Have a picnic or barbecue by one of the park's five picturesque lakes. There are plenty of picnic tables to be found, and grills are also provided.
- Bring the family dog along for the day and let them play at the Bark Park. This 5-acre dog park is completely fenced so you don't have to worry about your dog running off, and features a special area just for small dogs.
- Teach your kids about Amelia Earhart before your visit - they'll be fascinated to learn that the park where they're spending the day was formerly home to the airport where she departed for her famous flight around the world that sadly ended in disaster.