Before you throw those baby food jars into the recycling bin, consider using them as the primary craft supply for these fun and adorable Animal Jars. Create endless varieties of animals with only a few supplies. These crafty jars can be adapted to just about any animal or holiday theme. Crafty kids of all ages will enjoy creating one or many of these jar pets which are small, easy to make and fun to display.
- Baby Food Jars
- Feathers, Felt, Foam, Googly eyes and other decorations
- Colored card stock
- Tacky Glue
How to Make Them
- Remove the label from a clean baby food jar.
- Remove the lid and fill the jar with pompoms to match the desired color your animal's face.
- Paint the outside and sides of the lid and allow to dry.
- Glue on wiggle eyes.
- Cut ears out of foam or felt and glue in place.
- Add pompoms and other decorative features if desired.
- For whiskers, cut pieces of craft cards tock into long fringe and glue under pompom nose.
- Cut a strip of craft foam 1/4" wide and glue around edge of lid.