Anita B Gorman Conservation discovery center is a nature center with 8 acres of gardens, pond, walkways, and wildlife exhibits. The discovery center features a natural play area for kids, live-animal exhibits, and an energy efficient facility that gives information on saving water, and energy at home. The conservation center features two trails for walking that are wheel chair accessible. Many events and workshops are held at the conservation and discovery center.
Things to Do
- Families must visit the conservation and discovery center that is a beautiful and serene place, with educational resources for the kids. Visit the beautiful butterfly garden, bird feeding garden, wetlands and forests.
- Tours of the building and the grounds can be scheduled.
- The discovery center has hiking trails, hikers can pass through the Grow native gardens as they hike.
- A picnic pavilion and picnic tables are available on site.
- The visitor center organizes several tours and workshops in the Discovery center.
- Many events take place at the discovery center, including backyard birds that involves bird watching and nature nuts story time that is best suitable for children of ages 3-8. The story time features walk through the forests and streams and reading select story books.
- Shop at nature shop for books, calenders, DVD's, and other gifts.
Anita B Gorman Conservation Discovery center Insider Tips
- Restrooms are available.
- Parking lot is available.