Create incredibly fragrant and all natural dough ornaments and sculptures with this fascinating and unique homemade play dough. We happened upon this pleasant dough by accident when one of our children dumped the container of cinnamon into the bowl of applesauce and stirred. The texture is different than most doughs, yet the dough is magnificently fragrant and easy to work with. The kids made sculptures, car air fresheners, small bowls, ornaments and more. This activity is great for all ages to enjoy and the final dried product has a lovely scent that will be enjoyed by all.
- A gallon sized Ziplock storage bag
How to Make It
- Measure out equal part of cinnamon and equal part of applesauce. We use 1 full cup of each but you can make more or less depending on the supplies that you have one hand and the amount of play dough that you want to yield.
- Pour the cinnamon and the applesauce into the storage bag and seal.
- Knead the two ingredients together until it forms a doughy consistency.
- Turn the dough out on a cutting board and manipulate the dough into whatever shapes that you choose or roll the dough out with a rolling pin and use cookie cutters to create shapes. You can use a pencil to make a hole in the dough if you eventually would like to hang your ornament shape.
- Allow your creations to air dry for 24 hours until they are hard.