Aquarium of Niagara was opened in 1965 and it is also known as Niagara falls aquarium. The aquarium of Niagara displays many sea animal exhibits, it is a non-profit aquarium with a sole purpose of invoking exploration and awareness in the general public about aquatic life forms and environment. The aquarium displays many exhibits and events, the building houses over 1,500 aquatic animals. Visitors can also book live encounters with sea lions and penguins, the facility provides recreation for the whole family. The animals on display are California sea lions, harbor seals, sharks, turtles, penguins, sea horses, sturgeon and fishes.
Things to Do
- Many animal activities are offered for the visitors, families can enjoy the "penguin feeding" activity that tells all about the penguins, visitors will get to learn things they never knew about Penguins before.
- A special performance, the sea lion show features sea lions and human performers doing remarkable stunts, combined with a customized soundtrack in the background.
- You can watch sea lions with their trainers in the "care at the aquarium" activity, this activity is performed Monday to Friday.
- Learn about sharks in the shark feedings, learn about these fascinating animals from the experts who care for them.
- Children would love to see the sea horse exhibit, and the sturgeon exhibit.
- You can celebrate your children's birthday party at the aquarium, the aquarium staff will manage everything for you.
- The finesse gift shop stocks exclusive marine related gift items and momentos.
- Live encounters with animals are available seasonally.
Aquarium of Niagara Insider Tips
- The facility is ADA compliant.
- Parking is free.