The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, California makes a special effort to make its exhibits fun for all the family. There is a lot to do here for families including the exhibits themselves, shows, performances, animal encounters, educational programs and much more.
Things to Do
- Aquarium of the Pacific has a strong focus on educating and entertaining younger visitors. As such they have numerous events and programs planned for all ages from toddlers to teens.
- Movin' and Groovin' beneath the Sea teaches two to three year olds all about how different animals move and navigate the oceans. Magnificent Marine Mammals is designed for slightly older children from four to six years of age. As part of this program kids will build their own ocean themed craft to bring home and learn about seals, sea lions and otters.
- Seven to twelve year olds can be introduced to local sea animals as part of the Southern California/Baja program. Or they can explore the world of the ocean's most feared predators at Shark-riffic.
- The Job Shadow Series of programs is aimed at teens and highlights possible careers they could pursue in keeping with the Aquarium's work. The jobs of veterinarians, mammalogists, marine biologists and penguin and lorikeet biologists are all discussed and explained.
Aquarium of the Pacific Insider Tips
- There is a comprehensive 32 page visitor's guide available for the Aquarium online which is offered in both English and Spanish. You can also have a look at events and performance schedules for the weekdays and the weekends though it may be a good idea to check this information close to your visit to ensure it is still up to date.
- There is an $8 flat rate for parking on site and you can pay by credit card.